This Firm prides itself on providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. However, despite our best intentions, sometimes things do go wrong. We want to resolve any problems as quickly as possible.
To this end, we operate a complaints handling procedure. In the unfortunate event that you have cause to complain and the person dealing with your file cannot sort out the problem, we have set procedures in place to make sure that your complaint is answered promptly and fully.
You can meet, write or telephone either Gillian Brennan or Adrian Wynne, the Firm’s Complaints Partners, to explain your complaint so that they clearly understand the problem.
- Within 3 working days of being advised of your complaint, Gillian Brennan or Adrian Wynne will acknowledge your complaint and:-
- write to you setting out their understanding of your complaint so that you can be sure they have fully appreciated the cause of your concern;
- ask you to clarify any points that may have arisen following the meeting with you or receipt of your correspondence; and
- confirm that the complaint has been registered for monitoring and management purposes.
- After that, within 8 weeks, Gillian Brennan or Adrian Wynne will review your file and:-
- write to you setting out their findings; and
- suggest possible means to resolve the problem.
- If you have any points to raise about the response you receive, you can contact us again and ask us to review our findings and within a further 7 days they will then:-
- write to you with the results of the review, confirming our final position on your complaint and setting out our reasons;
- suggest a meeting to see if things still cannot be sorted out to your satisfaction; or
- provide you with details of the local Law Society so that you can ask them to find another solicitor to review our handling of your complaint or refer the matter to a mediator.
- If you are still not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman. Full details can be found on their website legalombudsman.org.uk – Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ - Tel: 0300 555 0333.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final written response to your complaint. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman Service.
Each complaint will be dealt with on its own merits. Regardless, we are sorry that you found it necessary to complain.